Wednesday 1 April 2015

April Fool's Day

Once upon a time, I believe that I wrote the longest, most definitive guide for Animal Crossing.  It was more than 250 pages and contained every bit of information I could cram into it.   Now there are many excellent sites on the internet with information about every aspect of the game.  I therefore only will give a few tips to the game on my site, trusting that players will be able to find the details they seek about most aspects of the game elsewhere.

It is fitting to post about April Fool's Day on April Fool's Day.  I have experienced this event a few times now.  It is primarily an opportunity to obtain the picture or 'pic' of every Villager without too much trouble.  You can begin the game early in the morning by finding Blanca in the Square.  Speak to her and she will declare her intention of performing pranks of professional quality.  Remember Blanca?  She is the cat with the blank face who once wandered from village to village asking players to draw a face for her.   It makes sense that she would be able to impersonate any villager.

To play the game, you need to enter a Villager's house.  A Villager is at home if you can see smoke emanating from the chimney.  I found it very entertaining to discover that Kyle, a Wolf 'rock star' had star-shaped smoke coming from his chimney when he was at home.

Enter and if you have chosen the right house, you will see double in effect, two of the same Animal puffing and huffing, facing one another.  You then have to choose which is the imposter by handing that individual a washcloth to wipe off the disguise.  If you have chosen correctly, Blanca will appear, perform a little twirl and disapppear in a puff of smoke, indicating her intention of playing the same prank with another villager.

The genuine Neighbour then will give you a picture or 'pic' of himself/herself.

Tabby:  Now I know you actually listen to me when I talk!  I'll give you this picture of me as a special thanks!

You will have to judge based on the Villager's family tree, birthday, motto or ambition in life.  Easiest is the birthday or motto.  I do not quite understand how players could remember the family tree of any Animal, even if that Animal ever divulged it!

Tabby: third of five children, born on 13 August

No comments:

Post a Comment